Customer Driven ICs
i >300 fully custom ICs
b Die Sizes from 300um wide to 51x25mm
jOver 15 different silicon foundries
cProcess experience ranging 60nm-1.2um
Primary IC Design Services
As a full service custom mixed-signal ASIC design house, Black Forest Engineering helps customers of all sizes with everything from the initial IC specification all the way to providing a functional test system.
- Assistance for incomplete customer specifications
- Guidance for selecting optimal foundry/process to manufacture your ICs.
- Handling of foundry and packaging interfacing and logistics.
- Post fabrication and packaging services are available including full testing.
- Block design for use in existing or ongoing designs by other teams
- Consultation on existing projects offering our expertise to guide design decisions.
- IR detectors / preamplifiers / multiplexers
- LIDAR detectors & readout
- Laser drivers
- Photonic counting circuits
- Micro-power A/D and D/A converters
- X-ray and high energy particle detectors and interface chips
- Radiation hard versions of above
- Image sensors (CMOS and CCD)
- Image processors
- Integrated liquid crystal drivers
bChip Size Extremes
- 300um diameter die size imagers for medical applications
- 17×19 mm2 display driver for projection displays
- 51×25 mm2 visible/scintillator x-ray sensor (using stitching)
- 2Ghz analog bandwidth CMOS for LIDAR range sensing
- Single photon detection
- 22V CMOS devices
- Far infrared & high energy particle readout processors
- SWIR, MWIR, LWIR
Unique & cutting edge applications often require specific technologies
- Thermopile – Micrel
- PiN detector – Micron Semiconductor Ltd.
- Rad-hard CMOS – Honeywell 0.8 SOI
- IR Detectors – InGaAs, HgCdTe, PbSe, a-Si
- CCD – Supertex 1.2um
- TSMC 0.13um, 0.18um, 0.25um, 0.35um (includes their BCD [Bipolar, CMOS, DMOS] Power management technology)
- Tower/Jazz 0.13um, 0.18um, 0.25um, 0.35um (Stitching, ITAR Compliant)
- IBM (corp. site) 0.13um (ITAR Compliant)
- Austria MicroSystems 0.35um
- Others include: AMIS (0.5um, 1.2um), CSMC (0.6um), Fujitsu (0.25um), HP (0.35um, 0.5um), Amkor (0.35um, 0.5um), Texas Instruments (0.8um, 1um), UMC (0.4um (5V))
hProcess Types & Materials
- BCD (Bipolar, CMOS, DMOS)
fCustom Test Systems
Performance built for your specific requirements.
- Wafer probing
- Testing at cryogenic temperatures
- PCB designs and interfaces using FPGA, CPLD and a variety of other components
- Solutions for system interface problems:
- High density interconnect
- Non-standard packaging